Geographical Open Data Kit (GeoODK) Collect User Guide
In addition to ODK Collect, it is also possible to collect data using the GeoODK application for Android devices (unfortunately not available yet for Apple devices). To get started, please download GeoODK Collect from the Google Play Store, or wherever you acquire your applications.
If this is the first time you have used GeoODK with the Cadasta Platform, you will need to configure GeoODK for direct syncing with the Platform. In order to do this, you will first need to setup your Cadasta account if you haven't already (see Getting Started).
- Once you have installed GeoODK, please open the application.
Select Settings from the home page using the menu key.
Now click Configure platform settings.
On this screen you will need to enter the necessary URL:
Please also enter the Username and Password utilized with the Cadasta platform
Select the Back button three times to return to the GeoODK Main Menu.
Now GeoODK is configured for data collection that will feed directly to the Cadasta Platform.
Loading your Form
Now we need to load the form posted to the Cadasta Platform to the device.
Select Form Management from the Settings menu.
Enter the Cadasta Platform Username and Password if prompted.
Place a checkmark next to the form you would like to download and select Get Selected.
Now it’s time to collect some data!
- From the GeoODK Main Menu select Collect Data.
- Select the relevant form for data collection.
- Swipe left twice to get started completing the form.
- Continue answering all the survey questions until you reach the "End of survey" message.
- Select Mark Form as finalized checkbox.
- Click Save Form and Exit.
- When ready to submit data (via WiFi or over the mobile network), click Send Data and then confirm the form sending.
- After data is confirmed as sent, and you have received a confirmation message, the used form can be deleted.